What is your "embarrassing" cooking (or food-related) story?
I almost burned the house down! I had bronchitis and was on some serious medication. I was hungry but was running low on groceries. I couldn't go to the store, because it wasn't safe for me to drive. Somehow though, I felt it safe to operate the stove, and decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich because I always have bread, butter, and cheese. The first side cooked perfectly, I flipped it over....and woke up to all of the smoke detectors buzzing! I completely blacked out! Needless to say, the second side was inediblely black. My roommates took my keys away for the next few days, and wouldn't let me cook anything.
What is your story?